Have You Found A Pet?
We have two important things to say first. One- do not endanger yourself trying to pick up an animal. If you are unsure of the animals' demeanor, contact animal control where you last saw the animal. Secondly, we often get people who don't want to take an animal to a "kill" shelter. Animal control officers are not the bad guys - they do the job they have to do because of irresponsible pet owners. Shelters are usually the first place people look when they have lost an animal.
If you have found an animal and they are in your care:
- Keep the animal secluded from your pets.
- Notify the animal control authorities in the city you found the animal.
- Post signs with a general description of the animall and a phone number in the vicinity the animal was found.
- Check the animal for tags with a phone number, and have the animal scanned at the shelter or a vet's office for a microchip. If the animal has a rabies tag, call the vet that issued the tag.
- Notify rescue groups in the area the animal was found.
If you find an animal in Flower Mound, call 972-874-6390. In Lewisville, please call 972-219-3478. In Highland Village, call 972-899-5092.